Construction projects meeting quality, budget, and schedule objectives
Platte Avenue Bridge Replacement above Sand Creek
Colorado Springs, CO
What is Construction Administration and Observation?
Construction administration and observation are essential to ensuring that a construction project is executed successfully, meeting its quality, budget, and schedule objectives while complying with relevant regulations and safety standards. It involves overseeing and managing a construction project to ensure that it is built according to the project’s plans, specifications, and contract documents.
Construction Management is an important aspect of professional engineering services that supports construction projects designed by our staff, other consulting teams, or as independent on-call construction management assignments. Our construction services are pivotal in helping clients control costs, coordinate the many and diverse tasks of support firms and personnel, and enable the team to adhere to compressed schedules. Our clients include state or provincial departments of transportation, Class I freight railroads, commuter rail authorities, and federal, state, or provincial and local governments.
The backbone of our team lies in their specialized expertise, including Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QC/QA), final design review, procurement, constructability reviews, construction engineering, observation, and materials testing. Their certifications span a diverse spectrum of projects, empowering them to confidently tackle any challenge. Our dedicated team includes project managers and engineers, observers, inspectors, sampling and testing technicians, and certified traffic control supervisors. Each member is deeply versed in local, state, and national standards and specifications. Furthermore, our team has comprehensive training in confined space entry, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) protocols.
Our staff offers a wide variety of services to assist you with every facet of your construction requirements. We work closely with the design team to ensure the constructed project follows engineering plans and technical specifications, making every effort to maintain the schedule and budget, even when changes occur.
Our services include:
- Pre-construction conference attendance
- Full-time or part-time construction observation
- Project progress meetings
- Review of construction schedules
- Quality assurance and materials testing
- Minimum Acceptance Testing requirements
- Reimbursements for CO-OP, MAP, and federal projects
- Certificates of compliance
- Mill Reports for Buy America provision
- EEO and DBE compliance
- LCP Tracker and B2GNow
- Tracking of source books
- Verification of quantities
- Certification of pay applications
- Approval of change orders
- Project close out and documentation
- Verification of steel placement
- Verification of rebar placement
- Verification of concrete placement
- Verification of masonry placement
- Water and wastewater testing for rest areas
- ACNM TTCP-certified testers